Real Dirt Color

FS17/FS19 Mods just released
Viper
Site Admin

Re: Real Dirt Color

Post by Viper » Sun May 05, 2019 1:54 am

The FS17 support shader is being used which is incompatible with Real Dirt Color. This is the reason why people may see black dirt. There is a updated custom version of it >here< which allows use of "Dirt Color", it also overrides smoothness, and metalness if desired.

This fixes the color issue with your mod, however 6-wheeled vehicles are currently best set to simple mode, as the current version of Real Dirt Color's independent mode is meant for a maximum of 2 axle vehicles. Anything more becomes susceptible to using the body's dirt color and won't change like the rest. Your body was using the fs17SupportShader which again doesnt have any "dirtColor" parameters in the materials, so it sets them to a nil value which ends up as zeros (black).

So all you have to do is download that shader, open the tractor's i3d in notepad and change the path to the fs17shader file to the new one. This is a simple way of affecting all materials at once. Then you must open and save the file, by doing this GE will write the "dirtColor" parameters from the shader to each material automatically. You can see the difference in notepad before and after. Done..

The color is now proper but your front right / and rear left tires still use the body dirt color (like simple mode) and will look wrong when at full color and on a different dirt colored surface (which is why the current best option is to use simple mode, so they are all the same).

I apologize I can't get this one perfect atm.

independent mode (but all vehicle parts are on the same surface) 

- Viper

ricobab

Post by ricobab » Sun May 05, 2019 4:32 am

Thank you very much for your answer and the time you spent. :thumbsup:
I understand the issue and will apply your solution. I will let you know how it goes
I hope you enjoyed testing a little bit the Trisix :D

Dwinesk

Post by Dwinesk » Sun May 05, 2019 7:04 am

Hi,
Quick request here. Can we please have a version of this mod for FS17? I can see it add so much realism to seasons and more realistic mod on there.

Viper
Site Admin

Post by Viper » Sun May 05, 2019 8:48 pm

Dwinesk wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 7:04 am
Hi, Quick request here. Can we please have a version of this mod for FS17? I can see it add so much realism to seasons and more realistic mod on there.
FS17 doesn't have a "dirtColor" parameter within the game's shader so it cannot be done like in FS19.
However you may be interested to see the >>Case IH 1455XL Loaded<< I made for FS17 which is the prototype for "Real Dirt Color". It changes from grass, mud, and snow as I made a custom shader for it.. Among many other perks..
- Viper

Dwinesk

Post by Dwinesk » Sun May 05, 2019 11:23 pm

Thanks for the reply. That custom shader, if you managed to prototype it in fs17 then can it be scripted to piggyback on the forRReal_tiredirt module hence bringing that functionality to fs17? (note I have no significant modding experience)

Viper
Site Admin

Post by Viper » Mon May 06, 2019 10:15 am

Shaders cannot be replaced in the game during runtime, materials can be replaced but not just the shader. The only way it can work in FS17 is by having a vehicle made like the "Case IH 1455XL Loaded".
- Viper

Dwinesk

Post by Dwinesk » Mon May 06, 2019 10:57 pm

Ah I see. Thank you for the explanation. Great work on the case by the way. Nice ideas and execution.

Viper
Site Admin

Post by Viper » Tue May 07, 2019 10:10 am

Thank-you very much. :)
- Viper

ricobab

Post by ricobab » Tue May 07, 2019 12:52 pm

Hi there !
Thank you for your help Viper, it worked perfectly !
We are already working on the V3. Next step is the UDIM textures and reduce the folder size (already 76mb instead of 130mb, but we will try to do better)

Again, thank you very much !

Viper
Site Admin

Post by Viper » Tue May 07, 2019 4:48 pm

Glad it worked out, and thanks for the reply!
- Viper