Farming Simulator 17/19 - Modding
Viper
Site Admin

Real Dirt Color

Post by Viper » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:01 pm

This is the official thread for the FS19 mod "Real Dirt Color"

Download is now available!

-->Farming Simulator Downloads<--

Questions, or comments? Feel free to ask/leave them here.

-
- Viper

TwistedGetsu

Re: Real Dirt Color

Post by TwistedGetsu » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:38 pm

Made a video preview of how this mod works! great stuff!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4BdJBM9CwQ

benoit_desnoyers

Post by benoit_desnoyers » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:12 pm

Hi,

I need help, i'm not sure to how install the dirt color mod. i have put the mod inside my mod folder and starting the game but nothing happen...

Tell me if is possible for you to make a video tutorial or to explain it to me step by step :)

It would be really appreciated.

Thank for your help

Benoit

Viper
Site Admin

Post by Viper » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:49 pm

Welcome to the forum. Just place the file in your mods folder and make sure you have it selected in your mods list in game.

If you thought your tires would turn green right away then I think I understand the confusion. Not all grass will make your tires/vehicle turn green as I felt this would be too much, you must be driving on piles of grass or be in a "field" of grass (field sown with grass) for the green dirt color. This is mentioned in the readme.txt file though.

Hope that answers your question.
- Viper

TwistedGetsu

Post by TwistedGetsu » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:21 pm

So i know that viper answered here, and he covered everything, but incase you are still having issues,
i have a tutorial video available here <-click
This will show you where and how to place mods for your game to work :)

Viper
Site Admin

Post by Viper » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:47 pm

2 bugs have been discovered, thanks to the author of the "Bag'n'Lifter Pack" for letting me know about one of them.

1. Some mods had a conflicting issue. No need to exclude any mods, the register script was outdated and missing a value for a spec requirement.

This is now fixed and released in v1.0.0.5.

2. Estancia Lapacho "Red Dirt" and "Red Mud" wasn't working. (In the settings.xml file if you change redDirtMap0 to redDirtMap1, the map will once again work.)

However I did fix the issue properly for v1.0.0.5.

--

-Also added a couple more values for spray types increasing the chance Lime, Slurry, and Manure will affect your dirt color.

>>Take me to Real Dirt Color<<

This update is now pending at modHub...
- Viper

Ramon525

Post by Ramon525 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:39 pm

Hello Viper,
First of all thank you for this mod, which is fantastic.
I have a question. The problem is that on some ModMap (FS19_Map_Birkenfeld, FS19_Marwell_Manor_Farm), the dirt color on wheels and vehicles does not appear from the lime on limed fields. Maybe you know the reason why the maps are missing.

Sincerely, Ramon

Omnic

Post by Omnic » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:12 pm

Hi,

First of all, i want to thank you for this fantastic mod.

Sadley i have a problem with some mod tractors, that does not work correct with this.
Most of the times, the front wheels only have black dirt, and it will not change color, no matter what type og ground i am driving on.
It seems like it is mostly when it is configured with duals, but have occurred a couple of times with standard wheels.
And the start when i re configure the tractor, it will take color from the ground, but when i drive over to another type og ground, the front wheel dirt goes black, and stays black.

I have tried different wheels and wheel configurations ind the xml files, and it has not helped.

I use Ver. 1.0.0.5

The tractors use wheels from the standard shared folder.

Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3
Picture 4

Hope to find a solution to this problem

Good evening.

(Links edit by admin)

Viper
Site Admin

Post by Viper » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:17 pm

Ramon525 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:39 pm
Hello Viper,
First of all thank you for this mod, which is fantastic.
I have a question. The problem is that on some ModMap (FS19_Map_Birkenfeld, FS19_Marwell_Manor_Farm), the dirt color on wheels and vehicles does not appear from the lime on limed fields. Maybe you know the reason why the maps are missing.

Sincerely, Ramon
Thanks for bringing this to my attention, and for the compliment. :thumbsup:

Regarding Lime, Manure, and Slurry covered fields; the method of detection required creating every kind of field variation that has these spray types on top, and then driving around and recording density values per variation. Seems a few have been missed, I will continue to test and add the appropriate values as time goes on. I will also take a look into these specific maps as soon as I can.

I appreciate your patience, and thanks again.
- Viper

Viper
Site Admin

Post by Viper » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:30 pm

Omnic wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:12 pm
Hi,

First of all, i want to thank you for this fantastic mod.

Sadley i have a problem with some mod tractors, that does not work correct with this.
Most of the times, the front wheels only have black dirt, and it will not change color, no matter what type og ground i am driving on.
It seems like it is mostly when it is configured with duals, but have occurred a couple of times with standard wheels.
And the start when i re configure the tractor, it will take color from the ground, but when i drive over to another type og ground, the front wheel dirt goes black, and stays black.

I have tried different wheels and wheel configurations ind the xml files, and it has not helped.

I use Ver. 1.0.0.5

The tractors use wheels from the standard shared folder.

Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3
Picture 4

Hope to find a solution to this problem

Good evening.
Thanks for joining the forum, and the nice words! I'm sorry you had to see that black dirt, not very pretty looking. Judging from my experiences while creating Real Dirt Color, it looks like the wheel nodes are setup differently then the game normally has them. It's returning a 0 for the current "wheel's main part" 's dirt color, Is there anything in the log? I assume it can't find a value for wheel["wheelTire"] . I have a good idea on how to fix this issue. Simply if the normal main part for the wheel has a color of 0, then get secondary part's color... etc. I'll need one of these mods to test it out though and to see what the secondary "main part" should be if not wheel["wheelTire"] like normal. So if you can post a link to one or two of the mods, I'll do what I can, as soon as I can.
- Viper